B.Sc (Forensic Science) Program
B.Sc (Forensic Science) Program
- B.Sc. (Forensic Science) or Bachelor of Science in Forensic is an undergraduate science course.
- The course deals with most scientific ways in which various kinds of crime and activities can be proved.
- Forensic science is a crime and laboratorybased profession.
- The expertise of a professional is also used in civil cases also like providing validity of signature on a will, insurance claims, product liability claims, environmental issues, etc.
- 3 Years
- Pass in Class XII (or equivalent) in Science stream with 50% and above aggregate marks.
- Class XII students awaiting final examination results are also eligible to apply
Suitability of Program
- B.Sc. (Forensic Science) program is suitable for the aspirants who have the ability of keen observation and can concentrate on the minute details.
- Those who have analytical skill and logical thinking in context of land, of the law, time, era and existing situation and have reasoning, thinking and analytical skills are best suited for the program.
The program provides massive employment opportunities with -
- Forensic Laboratories
- Police Department
- Crime Branches
- Security Agencies
- Insurance Agencies
- College and universities
- Insurance Investigators
- Cyber Forensic Experts, Crime Scene Investigator
- Police Officers, Environmental Investigator
- Private Investigatorm, Forensic Scientist
- Forensic Consultant, Forensic Researchers
At the ICFAI University, the students will get the opportunity to learn with the expert faculties in the concerned areas.
The B.Sc. (Forensic Science) Program consists of 6 semesters spread over 3 years.
* Details of discipline electives will be mentioned in Student Handbook. The program structure is tentative, subject to change.
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the campusbased B.Sc.(Forensic Science) Program offered by the ICFAI University, Jaipur. The medium of instruction is English.
Pass in Class XII (or equivalent) in Science Stream with 50% and above aggregate marks.
Final year students applying for the programs are required to complete their examinations including practical examinations / viva, assignments before August 16, 2023. Such applicants will have to produce a certificate at the time of admission. The admission of applicants will, however, remain provisional until they produce mark-sheets establishing their eligibility. The last date for submitting the proof of eligibility is September 15, 2023, failing which the provisional admission will automatically stand cancelled.
The selection of applicants into the programs is made through application and interview. While evaluating students for admission, due weightage is given to academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra / co-curricular activities.
The applicants will have to go through a personal interview at the ICFAI University, Jaipur campus. This is to determine the students’ attitude and motivation to pursue the program.
Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of interview. The original certificates will be returned after verification. The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process. All the selected students will be required to pay the admission fee towards confirmation of seat.
There shall be a special provision for admission of students belonging to the State of Rajasthan in any course of the ICFAI University, Jaipur which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course/discipline subject to the students meeting the minimum eligibility requirements referred as above. Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to students belonging to Open Category.
How to Apply
Students interested can apply by any one of the following methods:
- Online Application
Applicants can apply online by filling up the Application Form available at www.iujaipur.edu.in www.iujaipur.edu.in and make payment of Rs. 500 towards the cost using Credit / Debit Card (Visa / Master Card / Internet Banking) through secure internet payment gateway. Applicants applying online should upload their passport size color photograph while filling the Online Application. The Prospectus will be sent to such applicants.
Download of Application Form
Applicants can fill their details online and download the Application Form from www.iujaipur.edu.in and send it to the Admissions Office along with the Demand Draft of Rs. 500 towards the cost of the application in favor of The ICFAI University, Jaipur - Fee Collection A/c payable at Jaipur.
Fill the Application Form given on page 7:
Applicants can fill in the application form given in page no 7 and send it to the Admissions Office.
Guidelines on how to Complete the Application Form
Students are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the Application Form
- Fill the Application Form in CAPITAL LETTERS
- Provide all available information under appropriate sections
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
Attested Copies of Certificates
Students have to enclose attested copies of the following certificates (Attestation should be done by any Gazetted Officer/Principal of the College).
- Date of Birth Certificate / Class X Certificate.
- Marks sheets of Class XII / Degree certificate (as may be applicable).
- Domicile Certificate.
- Aadhar Card
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities.
Submission of Application Form
The completed Application Form for Admission may be sent to:
Admissions Office :
The ICFAI University, Jaipur,
Jamdoli, Agra Road,
Jaipur - 302031, Rajasthan.
Mobile : 9414519618, 8094688800
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.iujaipur.edu.in.
Students have to pay the Program Fee at the beginning of each semester, as per the due dates which will be indicated in the Student Handbook.The first semester fee is to be paid on or before August 16, 2023.
|B.Sc. (Forensic Science) (3 years)|
|Admission Fee (One Time)||Caution Deposit*||Semester Fee (in INR)||Total Program Fee (Excluding Admission Fee & Caution Deposit)|
* Caution deposit will be refunded after the completion of the program without any interest and after adjusting for dues, if any.
The ICFAI University Jaipur offer merit scholarships to students pursuing UG/PG Programs. The scholarships are based on performance in Class XII / Graduation (or equivalent) and Semester-wise performance during the Programs under the following conditions..
- Aggregate Marks of all the subjects in Class XII / Graduation shall be considered for the purpose of calculating eligibility of scholarship in UG / PG Programs.
- Performance based scholarships shall be divided between the students in case of same CGPA / GPA.
- No performance based scholarship shall be awarded in case of supplementary in any subject or for drop out cases
- The scholarship will continue in the subsequent semesters subject to condition that the student secures minimum CGPA of 6.
A. Merit Scholarships based on Past Academic Record:
Percentage of marks secured in qualifying examination as aggregate (All subjects included) will decide the amount of scholarship. Scholarship will continue semester after semester only on maintaining the minimum 6.0 GPA. The details are as presented in the following table.
|Programs||Percentage achieved in qualifying examination|
|≥ 90%||≥ 80% to < 90%||≥ 70% to < 80%|
|Amount of Scholarship * (In Rs.)|
|B.Sc (Hons.) (3 years)||30,000||22,500||15,000|
*Above scholarship amount would be disbursed equally in 4 instalments for 2 year programs, 6 instalments for 3 year programs, 8 instalments for 4 year programs and 10 instalments for 5 year Integrated Programs.
B. Merit Scholarships based on Semester-wise Performance:
Up to 10% of the students of the batch will be awarded merit scholarships based on their Semester-wise performance (Details presented in the table given below). These scholarships are offered in addition to the scholarships based on the past academic record.
|Academic Performance (CGPA)||Category I||Category II||Category II|
|≥ 9.00||≥ 8.50 -< 9.00||≥ 8.00 -< 8.50|
|Programs||Amount of Scholarship per semester* (In Rs.)|
|B.Sc (Hons.) (3 years)||7,500||5,500||3,750|
All payments should be made by way of Demand Draft in favor of "The ICFAI University, Jaipur - Fee Collection A/c" payable at Jaipur.